Virtual Student Museum Tour is Online
We can’t make ice cream virtually, but we can welcome 3rd grade students to the ECCHS museum via a virtual tour!
Virtual Tour is a streamed video with 7 sections divided by a ‘title screen’ so you can start and stop to discuss, show on different days, etc to match your instructional planning.
- Getting to California: Making the trip to California on a covered wagon. (11 mins)
- Welcome to the Byer-Nail House: Description/Overview of life on a pioneer farm in the late 1800’s, getting to school (3 mins)
- Parlor 1: Settling of East Contra Costa area and importance of the railroad (4 mins)
- Homer’s Shed: History of farming in our area from dry farming to irrigated crops (8 mins)
- Parlor 2: Life in 1880’s – Evenings in the Parlor (4 mins)
- Kitchen: Life in 1880’s – The Kitchen (5 mins)
- Upstairs: Life in 1880’s – The Bedroom and Children’s Games (4 mins)