The East Contra Costa Historical Society (ECCHS) is delighted that photographers wish to use the location of the Byer/Nail house for photography sessions. We ask all photographers to please help us to maintain the integrity of the Museum and its grounds by honoring the following policy.
All for-profit photographers who wish to use the Museum and its grounds as a backdrop must maintain a current business membership in ECCHS (current annual fee $50).
All for-profit sessions must be approved and scheduled in advance by submitting a Photography Session Form found on www.eastcontracostahistory.org, the Society’s website. The photographer is required to carry liability insurance, must add ECCHS to such policy and show proof of Certificate of Insurance. The Photography Session form shall be submitted at least fourteen (14) days prior to the session. Any fees required must be paid at least five (5) days prior to the scheduled session.
The photography session shall be restricted to the front lawn area of the Museum including the front porch and rose garden. There are no restrooms or dressing facilities available, therefore all photo subjects must arrive camera-ready.
Fee for a photography session is currently set at $50. The photography session is limited to two (2) hours with a maximum of 25 persons.
There are certain prohibitions that apply for use of the property:
- No smoking, alcohol or drugs are allowed on the property.
- No animals are allowed on the property (with the exception of service dogs).
- No signs, posters, or notices of any kind shall be displayed to public view or may be posted on buildings, windows or common areas.
- Parking is limited to specific areas provided.
- There shall be no use of ECCHS’s logo or signs in either the photographs or in any advertisement.
ADOPTED: February 7, 2018